Father Peter McVerry: Homelessness is Alive and Well in Ireland 2013


Father PETER McVERRY joins Yvette Reid to discuss the 30th anniversary of the Peter McVerry Trust. Father McVerry says it is tragic that the organisation is still needed as homelessness should have been eradicated many years ago.

They discuss the “Opening Doors” appeal running in conjunction with the 30th anniversary. Fund raising activities include charity cycles, golf outings and treks. Father McVerry says 60% of the Trust’s funding come from the state with the other 40% raised through charitable donations.


Duration: 07'05" DATE: September 2, 2013
Interviewer:Yvette Reid
Producer:Yvette Reid
Interviewee:Peter McVerry
Themes:Irish Life & Culture
Keywords:Homeless, Fundraising, Peter McVerry Trust
LocationIreland Time Period:2013
Type:Sound Language:English
Creator:Near FM Publisher:Near FM
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.